This is a a very summery, light and healthy dish which can be eaten as a side or a meal in itself. The recipe has been created by Giulia Mulé, a London based Food Blogger of Italian origin.
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup chopped radish
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced spring onions
- pine nuts
- For The Dressing:
- 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Olive Branch Olive Oil
- Rinse the quinoa with water and drain. Boil 1 1/2 cups of water in a small saucepan, add the quinoa, reduce the heat and cook until all the water is absorbed. Let the quinoa aside to cool down.
- Peel and dice the avocado, cucumber and radishes. Thinly slice the green onions. Toss together in a salad bowl. Sprinkle a handful of pine nuts and the cooked quinoa.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lime juice, ground cumin and Olive Branch extra virgin olive oil. Pour the dressing over the salad, season to taste with salt and black pepper and serve immediately.