Do you know the story of our ‘Sweet Olive, Fig & Almond Relish’? Taking the humble Kalamata Olive to a whole new level, we were inspired to create this product back in 2012 as we were watching the Masterchef final, where finalist Andrew Kojima created a dessert tartin which he topped with a sweetened black olive – read more here.
Since then, our Sweet Olive has made its way around chef’s palate’s – at the BBC Good Food Show in November 2013, Olive Branch co-founder Maria was lucky enough to meet the legendary Michel Roux Jr who tried the product and gave it his thumbs up – read more here.
Well now, we are excited to say that Britain’s coolest chef Yotam Ottolenghi has also tasted our Sweet Olive, Fig & Almond Relish and he likes it so much that he featured it on the homepage of his website recently!
Here’s an Ottolenghi inspired recipe for Roasted Aubergine with Sweet Olive Relish:
- 2 large aubergines sliced into halves length ways
- Good quality olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Sweet Olive, Fig & Almond Relish
- Lay the aubergine on a baking tray with the flesh facing upwards
- Season with the salt and pepper and rub some olive oil into the flesh
- Bake in a medium hot oven until the flesh starts to melt slightly
- Remove from the oven and spread the Sweet Olive, Fig & Almond Relish over the flesh of the aubergine
- Increase the heat of the oven slightly and return baking tray for a further 5 minutes, so the relish caramelises with the flesh of the aubergine
Great served with lamb as a main or as part of a Mezze meal!
You can by our Sweet Olive, Fig & Almond Relish on the Ottolenghi Store – click here to visit