Our Roasted Pepper Paste is the perfect accompaniment for your summer bbq. Impress with beautifully marinated chicken skewers and homemade sides which can be enjoyed indoors or out
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 large sweet potato
- 4 tbsp Olive Branch Roasted Pepper Paste
- 5 tbsp Olive Branch extra virgin olive oil
- 50g wholewheat giant cous cous
- ¼ cucumber diced
- ½ red onion diced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Handful of cherry tomatoes diced
- Handful of chopped mint
- Handful of chopped parsley
- 60ml natural yoghurt
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Cut the chicken breasts into large chunks, pop into a bowl along with the Roasted Pepper Paste, cover with cling film and marinade in the fridge.
- As the chicken marinades, prep the ‘tabbouleh’. Lightly fry the dry couscous with the olive oil on a low heat for about a minute. Turn the heat to medium and gradually add 50ml of water until all the liquid has been absorbed. Add the red onion, tomato, lemon juice, half of the mint and all of the parsley. Season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- To make the tzatziki, add the rest of the mint and cucumber to the yoghurt along, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and stir.
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Cut the sweet potato into wedges, brush with 2 tbsp of olive oil and roast for 25-30 mins until starting to crisp at the ends.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and feed the chunks onto two skewers. Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan or, if using a griddle pan, lightly brush the meat with the oil. Using a medium heat, fry the chicken, turning every 2 minutes until browned on the outside and cooked through.
- To serve, top the wedges with the tabbouleh and serve alongside the skewers with a drizzle of tzatziki.