Dakos is the traditional bread of Crete. Twice baked, they are crunchy in texture. Combine them with a tomato salad using plenty of olive oil and vinegar – together the juices will re-hydrate the Dakos giving you a crisp base and a soft surface. Our Dakos are made with rye and wheat flour so are sweet and nutty in flavour.
- Olive Branch Dakos
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Olive Branch Olive Oil
- Olive Branch Red wine vinegar
- Optional- Feta cheese/olives
- Chop the tomatoes and in a bowl, mix with plenty of olive oil and red wine vinegar, You can also add some pieces of feta and olives if you’re in the mood!
- Lay the Dakos on a tray and spread the mixture over. Leave to soak for about 10 minutes so the juices soak into the Dakos.
- Tip; If you prefer the Dakos to be softer, you can quickly dip them in/out of some water before laying them on the tray.