A deliciously moist cake with zesty orange and aromatic rosemary baked with extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 ¼ cup of plain flour
- 1 cup cup golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup Olive Branch extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for greasing)
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 170c. Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and bicarb and add ¾ cup of the sugar. Lightly beat the eggs with the olive oil, ½ the orange juice and zest, add to the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in the rosemary until evenly distributed.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. While baking, mix together the remaining sugar and orange juice
- After removing the cake from the oven, while still in the tin, spread the sugar and juice mix over the top of the cake. Remove from the tin once cooled.