Roasted Squash, prosciutto, toasted pecan, goats cheese and giant whole wheat couscous salad with Olive Branch Orange Balsamic Dressing
We have used our Orange Balsamic Dressing to add the final flourish in creating summer salad magic! Beautifully sweet roasted squash, salty ham, creamy cheese and a pecan crunch all married together with our award winning dressing.
- 50g fresh rocket
- 1 small squash cut into wedges (skin on optional!)
- 3 tbsp Olive Branch Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 20g pecans
- 50g creamy goats cheese
- 100g giant whole wheat cous cous
- 4 tbsp of Olive Branch Orange Balsamic Dressing
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Wash the butternut squash (if keeping the skin on, peel if not!), slice down the middle, scoop the seeds and cut into chunky wedges.
- Put the squash into a deep roasting dish, brush with 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the squash is soft and starting to brown.
- While the squash is roasted prep the couscous by lightly frying on a low heat in 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil and gradually adding 100ml of cold water until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Toast the pecans in a roasting dish in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
- To assemble the salad, layer the rocket and couscous, followed by the wedges of squash. Tear the prosciutto on top and sprinkle over the pecans and the goats cheese. Finally, drizzle the orange balsamic dressing!