Avocado toast is fast becoming the brunch ‘go to’, this recipe using our Fig Balsamic Dressing adds that extra special something to really help this pairing of ingredients sing!
- 2 thick slices of sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 1 avocado
- 2 vines (100g) cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive Branch Fig Balsamic Dressing plus extra for drizzling!
- 50g feta cheese
- 20g pine nuts
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Place the vines of cherry tomatoes in a deep roasting dish and coat with the Fig Balsamic Dressing, once the oven has come up to temperature, roast the tomatoes for 10-12 minutes until the skins have just started to split but they are still holding their shape.
- Place the pine nuts in a small roasting tray and pop them in the oven for 3-4 minutes until they are nice and golden
- Prep the avocado into thick slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Toast or grill the sourdough slices
- Assemble the dish with a layer of hummus on each sourdough slice, arrange the avocado on top followed by the cherry tomatoes. Finally, crumble over the feta, sprinkle the pine nuts and add a finishing drizzle of the Fig Balsamic Dressing!